Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Student Centered Assessment
The module has helped me think about student-centered assessment in the following ways... I would really like to incorporate this method of assessing my students but change is hard. How to go about doing it? How to have students respond in an appropriate manner where learning the objectives actually takes place. As I think about that.... Are they actually learning the objectives doing it the "old fashion" way with lecture and notes or merely memorizing the facts. I have tried a few "web lessons" and the students didn't seem to understand that they were responsible for learning the material not just merely answering the questions. So how to get them to learn the material without a traditional test seems to be the major issue! I feel like each time I try something new I am the one that learns from the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment